Home | About Us | Facilities | Primary | Secondary | College | Admission | Photo Gallery | Alumni | Contact us

 

       
About Us
  History  
Our Patron
Our Founder
History
Vision & Mission
Achievements
 

The Glory of Hundred Years:


The history of St. Francis D'Assisi School and Orphanage dates back to 1908. His Grace Don Sebastian Pereira, Archbishop of Daman, who had his see at Colaba, Bombay and knew the Franciscan Missionary Brothers- CMSF, visited Bro. Paulus Mortiz, Superior General of the CMSF to start an apostolic activity for the welfare of the poor and neglected children of the Diocese of Bombay. He selected the location at Mt. Poinsur (Known then as Mandapeshwar) in spite of it being a jungle. It was on this hillock, with the help of his brother companions that Bro. Mortiz took up residence in the rickety old balcony of the dilapidated church of the Immaculate Conception on 4th October 1908. It was no mean task to find a clearing in the forest and to set up a thatched hut that became a residence for the Brothers and the poor boys of the areas.